Spread the News!
No need to be jelly! Fortifx has the BEST protein bar for all Peanut Butter lovers.
From fitness fiends to flavor finders to everyone in between, there isn't a more perfect snack than one with peanut butter.
So, what's the deal with peanut butter? Furthermore, how did it sneak its way so prominently into our culture?
Peanut Butter's Crunchy History
Data is conflicted as to who indeed invented peanut butter, with a whopping five suspected creators:
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg - In 1895, Kellogg was said to have patented the process for making peanut butter, not for creating the product itself.
- George Washington Carver - An agricultural scientist in the early 20th century who pioneered over 105 food recipes for peanuts and 300 uses for peanuts.
- Rose Davies - While her story is somewhat of a mystery, historian Elanor Rosakranse shared that Rose Davies' invention of peanut butter came about after her children returned from a vacation in Cuba. On their trip, they were introduced to a peanut-like paste and encouraged their mom, Rose to make it at home.
- Marcellus Gilmore Edson - He was awarded the patent number 306737 in 1884 for his creation of Peanut Paste, a substance similar to butter, lard, or ointment.
- Unknown St. Louis Physician and George A. Bayle - These two teamed up in 1890; one suggested the idea, and the other experimented with the product. They sold their paste for 60 cents a pound and even advertised as the original innovators of the product.
This delicacy actually dates back to 14th Century South America with the Aztecs or Incas. They were said to have created the spread to enjoy in various ways or used it as a sacrificial offering.
No matter its origin, peanut butter was and continues to serve as a significant food source for human civilization.
Fortifx Peanut Butter Protein Bars, It's Our Butter Half
While not the originator of peanut butter itself, Sean Perich is the creator of the world's first half granola, half protein bar.
Here we give a special nod to Fortifx Peanut Butter Protein Bar. Not only does Mr. Perich's product meet the nutritional needs of a fitness junkie, but it also tastes delicious.
Long gone are the days of bars that leave you with a semi-accurate peanut butter flavor. Fortifx Peanut Butter packs a serious punch.
Seriously, there is nothing subtle about this perfectly concocted six-layer bar of peanut butter goodness. No more wishing you had an extra jar of peanut butter in your gym bag to slather on your old granola or protein bar in hopes of improving the taste. We're talking about the ultimate combination of crunchy and smooth that will fulfill your peanut butter dreams.
Chunky Myths and Smooth Benefits
- Myth - Peanuts have fat; therefore, they're bad for you.
- Reality - Peanuts leave you feeling satiated and are a good source of protein.
- Myth - Peanuts make you gain weight and are harmful to weight loss.
- Reality - Peanuts contain a heart-healthy combination of "good fats" known to help prevent heart disease, improve blood lipids, and even support weight loss control. Even more, peanut butter is a good source of other essential daily vitamins and minerals like magnesium and niacin.
- Myth - Peanuts are the least healthy nut/nut butter option.
- Reality - Peanuts are legumes, not nuts. Thereby, they have the most protein of the nut butter options. Bodybuilders, fitness fanatics, and gym rats use peanut butter as a healthy tool when increasing caloric and unsaturated fat intake.
- Myth - Peanut butter has too much sugar to be considered healthy.
- Reality - Peanut butter comes in wide varieties, some of which have sugars and other less than ideal ingredients; however, consuming peanut butter without the additives is a low-carb food with decent amounts of protein, good fats, and fiber. Some data show that peanut butter can help those with obesity, improve diabetic glucose levels, and may reduce the risk of breast disease.
In moderation, peanut butter is an excellent part of a healthy and delicious diet. Fun fact, two tablespoons of peanut butter is equal to one serving. So order your Fortifx Peanut Butter Bar and keep reaching for those goals.
It's Peanut Butter O'clock
Pre or Post-Workout Snack
Part of the 5 am workout crew? We got you covered! Whether you need a little something to get you started or some sustenance after crushing a gym session, with 20 grams of whey protein and only 3 grams of sugar, Fortifx is here to help you stay on track and meet your fitness goals.
Stop eating leftover crackers from the car seat or stale cereal from your last family road trip. Fortifx Peanut Butter Protein Bar is the ideal snack for mama on the go and dad on his grind. With honest peanut butter flavor, these bars keep you satiated, so you don't have any "Hangry" encounters.
Ain't No Tired Like Teacher Tired
Your wallet is on a budget, just like your energy level. You need something to help you keep up with your students but don't have the time to wait for the one staff microwave. It's okay! With Fortifx patented candy coating shell, you'll get back the pep in your step with a delicious, protein-filled meal that won't melt in your hand or your purse.
Superheroes, Nurses, Doctors, First Responders, and More
Your hours are no joke. It's a rarity you have time for meal prep, let alone grocery shopping. Meals on the go are your jam, but we suggest a Peanut Butter Fortifx Protein Bar in this instance. To save you from the mystery of, "What is this on my hand?" which leads to the always questionable smell test, snag the Fortifx Peanut Butter Protein Bar, which is true to its color and won't leave you questioning what exactly you just ate. You'll feel confident about your health with transparent ingredients and mouth-watering flavor.
For all of you peanut butter & chocolate candy lovers out there, never fear; Fortifx Peanut Butter Chocolate is almost here.
Fortifx Peanut Butter Protein Bar, it’s our butter half.
Stay tuned to all the latest and greatest with Fortifx here!